Sunday, August 21, 2011

My perfect sock!

At Sock Summit, I took Kate Atherley's Custom Fit Sock Class.  I used her top-down sock recipe to create this perfect sock.  It's hard to tell, but the yarn is sparkly Christmas yarn.  A little goofy, I know (although you should see the red and green colorway.  I'm going to use that to figure out the custom toe-up recipe!)




Now you may have noticed that the title of this post is My perfect sock (singular) and not socks.  That is because the first sock of the pair is not quite perfect.  The sock on the left is the first one I knit.  I overcompensated and made the leg shorter than I needed to.  I also found out that I prefer a round heel to a Dutch heel.  It fits my foot better and gives me a deeper gusset.  I think this is the best plain vanilla sock I've ever made!  The next step is to now adapt this plain vanilla recipe for more complex patterns - how exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment