Sunday, March 31, 2013

not much new - or is there?

There hasn't been much knitting going on here for the past couple of weeks.  I went to see my mom for a week to do her taxes and help out around the house.  Did some knitting while I was there.  Mainly my  Color Affection, which is driving me nuts.  I'm on the final border and figure I have about 8 rows left.  Not too bad - except for the fact that each row takes about 30 minutes to knit.  Ugh.  Sure, it's mindless knitting, but it's gotten so large it's hardly portable anymore.

I was looking through my UFOs and found my Aranami shawl.  More comforting garter stitch.  Maybe I was on this garter stitch kick before my dad died?  I made a lot of progress on the shawl.  Do I have any pictures to show for it?  Of course not.  Maybe today I will take some photos. Or maybe I'll spend day watching basketball (GO BLUE!).  Oh, yeah - back to knitting.  I got to the last color on the shawl.  I don't know what I was thinking when I picked out my colors.  After all green-based hues I suddenly switched to blue.  Ummmm - no.  That's not going to work.  I'm going to have to find a new color of Plucky Primo Fingering.   Luckily I'm going to the Plucky retreat in Holland, MI in a few weeks.  Actually, I'm not signed up for the full retreat - just classes on Saturday.  My plan is to drive out Friday and arrive just in time for SHOPPING!

Yesterday, I went back to my Skywalker shawl.  Made some significant progress, although at 10PM I had to tink back a row and a half.  I should have known better than to work on lace after 10 PM.

I've also been swatching for my Blank Canvas.  The gauge on my first swatch is way too large, which is too bad because I really like the fabric it made.   I can't find interchangeable tips in size 6.  I thought they might be in use on one of the shawls I'm working on - but those are mostly 5s.  It's driving me nuts that I can't find them.  So, not much more to report there.

Well, how about that - I actually do have a lot of knitting progress to report.  Who knew?  Now I just have to start taking photos of that progress.  Yeah, yeah.  I'm getting to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment